Saturday, November 12, 2011

Xterra V1 Mount

Back in march I set out to make a clean mount for my Valentine 1 radar detector. I wasn't too confident with the suction cup's ability to stick to the black coating behind the rear view mirror of the Nissan Xterra. I went to tap plastic and got all of the parts. They can be located here Tap Plastics I was out the door for $3.30, $0.30 was CA sales tax 

Parts list:
-4"x2" ABS plastic (one side smooth other textured).
-2 Clear Plastic screws with nuts.
-1' Velcro



1) Gather all of the parts:

2) Next cut the plastic to size, I believe it was 3.5" x 2" and round the corners. Drill two holes so that they line up with original V1 mount (where the suction cups used to be)

3) Bolt the plastic piece you just made to the original V1 mount. Make sure you put the textured side towards the V1 mount (this will make it look like the factory mount). 

4) Cut out Velcro strips to place on the ABS plastic (smooth side towards windshield). 

5) Place it on the windshield and enjoy!





6) To wire it into the vehicle I used (Direct-Wire Power Adapter Kit - Item 00030) from Valentine One's website.  It cost ~ $20









No comments:

Post a Comment